Lunch Time & My Feelings as of Lately

Monday, April 22, 2013

Today I wanted to share a staple lunch meal that I eat pretty often! I could seriously eat a sandwich everyday! They are just so easy and so "lunchyyy". However, pre-packaged lunch meat grosses me out just a tad (new thing) and because of this I had to come up with a sandwich other than peanut butter and jelly that would be cheap, tasty, and quick.

This is my version of a veggie sandwich! Not that creative, I know, but it is a low calorie lunch that will keep you feeling full for a while.




I buy my bread at Sprouts (sorry I talk about this store so much). Anyways, I get it here because it is just as affordable as the whole wheat bread at the normal grocery store but it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup. 

Why do the bread making people put high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in bread anyways? Beats me. I swear HFCS is in the strangest foods. Anyways, I am trying to just purchase this bread now to eliminate unwanted sugars. 



Mayo. I love this mayo because there is no trans or saturated fats in it! Just the good kind of fats that we all need. I absolutely need mayo for my veggie sandwich, it just does not taste the same without it. 





Add a layer of spinach. I like to use spinach instead of lettuce simply because I normally always have spinach in the house.





Then I slice up cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado and finish off the sandwich with the second slice of bread. 



I really like to eat this sandwich with a pickle on the side! I also added some grapes and FSTG Multi-Grain Chips on the side to make it more of a meal. 

I hope this helps anyone who is looking to jazz up their lunches with some added nutrients! Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!

******

Darin left again this week but this time for DC. Only for three days, but I am still slightly jealous of all of his quick travels. I am here studying for finals and as much as I could complain about how terrible finals week is, I feel incredibly blessed to be alive and well. Before I take a test, I thank the Lord for another opportunity to share my knowledge. This is probably been the most positive that I have been during a finals week simply because of the negative things that have been happening in the world around us lately. 

There are people less fortunate than me who are suffering from the Boston and Waco tragedies and it breaks my heart to think of the families affected. I hope that these events are teachable moments to the world that life is too short to be negative and take things for granted. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |