Cohen's 9 Months

Wednesday, July 29, 2015






Weight: 17 lbs 12 ounces (18th percentile)


Height: 27.5 inches (18th percentile)

Medical: Teething (he has 7 teeth now!) 4 on top and 3 at the bottom

Sleep: He wakes up once usually between 4-5 in the morning and he nurses back to sleep. He naps twice a day one in the morning around 9:30 and another in the afternoon around 1:30. Then he goes to bed between 7-8! He does really well with napping/sleeping on the go so sometimes this isn't perfect but he adapts pretty well.

Clothes: He's outgrown all of his 6-9 month clothes and is close to outgrowing his 9 month clothes. The 12 month stuff still just looks way too big though.

Diapers: Pampers swaddlers size 3

Diet: I'm still Breast Feeding but he also eats solids at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner now. And he usually eats whatever we are having. Breakfast usually ends up being eggs or greek yogurt with blueberries, lunch is usually toast with avocado, fruit, or leftovers from the night before, and dinner he has what we have normally. Usually quinoa, brown rice, or pasta with vegetables. Last night he ate the whole grain pasta I made for dinner with squash and zucchini.

I had a friend tell me about baby lead weaning and since then I've been trying to give him finger foods during meal time to give him the chance to feed himself. I haven't tried letting him spoon food himself though!

Baby Gear Love: I just bought him a tent + tunnel thing which he's warming up to. Mainly Cohen is into pens, higlighters, and paper. Maybe he'll be a writer some day? Also, if he gets into something he can't have and I take it away from him he starts to scream and cry so that's cool. :)

Firsts: first trip to Disneyland, first time to a professional baseball game, first 4th of July, first trip to dentist

Milestones: Baby claps!!! Crawls much faster now then he did last month, can stand up on any surface (including walls or my legs), he's done a little shuffling around with his feet when standing but not much yet

Likes: Food (he gets really jealous if I eat in front of him), loves when daddy gets home from work, likes to play Peek-a-boo, going swimming

Dislikes: When Daddy is practicing a Dubsmash video, when I take things away from him, his carseat, or getting strapped into something, he hates when I brush his top teeth (he doesn't mind at all when I brush the bottom ones, it's the weirdest thing), splash pads

Things I want to remember: 
-Since we live in a one bedroom apt, when Cohen wakes up in the morning he stands up, looks out over his bed, and smiles at us when we wake up and see him, it's seriously the cutest thing
-When other people are clapping he doesn't clap, he claps at his own time :) or when there's music on
-How he follows me around everywhere 
-How he can communicate to me when he wants to be held or wants to nurse using his body language
-How he understands the words "NO" and "Milk" really well :)
-when he smiles it goes straight across his face and makes everyone around him light up

Cohen you have so much energy! You love your mom and you love your dad but when you are playing with the both of us at the same time you have the biggest smile on your face. You keep mom busy making sure you're not getting into something off limits. You stand up on everything and make mom nervous because sometimes you still come crashing down. You come crawling to mom when you want to snuggle or be held and even though it's usually only for a second it's the greatest moments of my day. You have grown up to be such a fun loving boy and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you. I love you Cohen, you are my sunshine, my only sunshine :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |