Ode to Jonathan

Wednesday, January 8, 2014



My baby brother is turning 17 years old today. I cannot believe it. It feels like just a few years ago I was drawing pictures of my pregnant mommy and my future baby brudderrr (being an only child at 4 1/2 was a rough time).

Then when he was born, I remember all I would ever talk about in Kindergarten was my baby brother and how cool it was to have him around. I even remember "breastfeeding" my dolls on the couch when my mom fed Jonathan. I just loved him so much I always wanted to be around him.

My mom thought she was so lucky that we were five years apart because that meant we would never fight. She has never been more wrong. We grew up and then we fought all of the time but I still loved him so much. Some of my favorite things we did together growing up were

-playing "obstacle course"
-playing Mario Party on N64 (we still play this)
-going swimming
-having "sleepovers" in the living room
-making tents
-cards, cards, and cards

Now Jonathan is at home being the only child and I am sure it is much harder for him than it was for me. Nothing makes my day more than my mom telling me that she can tell that Jonathan misses me. He hardly says it to me but she can tell and that warms my heart.

In just one year from now he will be old enough to graduate high school, go to college, go on a mission, and be a grown up baby brudderrrr. I just can't believe it. He has grown up to be such a talented and special young guy who is popular with the ladies and a really good example for his friends.

You're the best Jonathan! I love you and Happy 17th Birthday. I hope it is as amazing as you.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |