Mantra Monday

Monday, January 13, 2014




Comparison is the thief of joy.

Last week I had the opportunity to go to a presentation at church on how to be happier. The minute we started talking about the topic of comparison I immediately wanted to crawl under my chair and cry. I am so guilty of comparing myself to others and I hate it.

That night I learned that comparison stems from insecurity. INSECURITY. Something that most girls struggle with and we love to hate. Comparing ourselves to others makes us prideful. Whether we compare ourselves to make us feel better than another person or worse than another person, it results in pride.

Since that night I have been trying to think of ways to overcome insecurities so that I stop comparing myself to others and start living and find joy in the journey. Hopefully this can help even just one person out there to think more positively about themselves and stop the comparisons.

1. Count your blessings- it could always be worse, but you can choose to make it better
2. Exercise- for pleasure and recreation and not to look perfect
3. Timing isn't everything- not everything will happen when I want it to, learning to be patient, God has a plan
4. Serve more- think about my self less, and be selfless
5. Smile more- even when it's forced, even when it is the last thing you want to do because you think someone else has "it" better or does "that" better, at least you can smile, and that's contagious.

I would love to hear ideas on other ways to overcome insecurities! Leave a comment below :)








No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |