Our Story: Part One

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The end of my first semester at BYU I heard about "the best job on campus". I had a friend who worked there tell me that you had to know someone to get hired so luckily she went ahead and referred me to the job. A few weeks later I got a call that would ultimately change my life forever.

They asked me if I was still interested in applying and to be honest I wasn't but I had this really strong impression that I just needed to say yes. After going through interviews and mock calls they decided that I was a good fit and to hire me. To this day I still don't know if this was fate or if I am actually good at my job. 

My best friend got hired a week before me. When she came home from her first day I asked if there were any cute boys that I should be on the" lookout" for when I started the next week. She mentioned Darin. Naturally we stalked him on facebook and I saw this.


I feel bad saying this now but I was not feeling it one bit. Oh but hey, through stalking him I found out I knew his brother!

About a week later I have my first encounter with Darin where we both introduced ourselves and I had told him I once knew his brother. Little did I know, this would be the start to our love story.

I don't know why, but Darin thought there was something about me that was special and he started crushin pretty hard. This lasted two months without me knowing. Finally, he asked me out and at that point I felt pressured to say yes. Even though I had no interest in being on that date with him, I knew how popular he was at work and I was still new so I didn't want people to hate me for turning him down. This happened the next weekend too, and then the next week. Until finally  I opened my heart a little and gave him a chance. We were in the library not studying one day and it hit me. I think this guy has the potential to win me over. 

And so this is where Our Story: Part One takes off. 

With Love,

Stef with an F

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |