We're Pregnant Part 2

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Last post I left off at the moment that I found out I was pregnant... I took the test when Darin wasn't home and there was no way that I was about to last the whole day without telling him. I literally paced back in forth in our bedroom freaking out cause I couldn't think of a cute way to tell Darin. I decided I would put together an "early valentines day gift" and go drop it off at Darin's work. I texted his boss before hand to get the approval and to make sure Darin didn't have any meetings.
In a gift bag I put in a UT onesie that my mom bought for us over Christmas break and a BYU jersey onesie that we bought a while back cause it was on sale. Then I put the pregnancy test wrapped in the baby clothes and had Darin unwrap his valentines gift at work. He was super when I came but still took a second to rejoice and he was super excited but almost didn't believe it was real. That night he had me take another test so he could see it for himself!  I don't blame him! I was in disbelief too!
Here's a video of me freakingggg out before telling Darin:


video

That night we told our best friends Kaitlyn and Benson at dinner because they told us first when they got pregnant we had to return the favor!
Then that night I video chatted with my family and told them I had to ask them for advice on a "job offer" I received. I told them to check their email and I sent them the picture of the gift I got for Darin with the pregnancy test. My mom flipped! My dad's reaction, "Why did you send me a picture of baby clothes".

Two days later we had made plans to spend time with Darin's family in St. George. I got some free doughnut Valentine's at work that day and on the back I wrote them a poem and then handed them their Valentine once we had everyone together. They were so excited and I was so happy that they were all so excited and supportive!







2 comments :

  1. Awww This is so so cute & exciting. That was such an adorable idea!!! Very simular to what I want to do next time we're pregnant. I want to make him a Daddy basket with two of everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Daddy basket! That is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |