Pinterest Review #1

Monday, March 25, 2013


I am starting a Pinterest Review section for my blog.

I absolutely love to try new recipes and I make it a goal to try at least one new recipe a week. This section of my blog will be about the trial and error that Pinterest recipes can cause. If you have been wanting to try a Pinterest recipe but want someone else to try it out first, seriously send it over my way :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies or Pinterest --> Check here for the original recipe. 

First recipes first... Chocolate Chip Cookies! This is weird  for me because I love to cook but am not a fan of baking. Luckily there is a first for everything. I decided to bake cookies today because tomorrow is my friend's birthday and I thought I would surprise her with some homemade cookies in class. Too bad I already ruined the surprise by accidentally texting her that I was making her cookies for her birthday. 

For future reference, never type someones name in a text message, you will end up sending that text to the referenced person. 

Here we go: 

I laid out all of the ingredients so it would be easy to see how simple this recipe is! 

Preheat your oven to 350.


  • 3/4 cup rolled oats (this just means regular oats, not quick oats) --> Grind these in blender


  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • ---> Mix these together with electric beater (include the oats)


  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • --> Add rest and continue to mix

  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I only used 1/2 a cup... but I love chocolate chip-less cookies) --> Stir these in with spoon
Spray pan and form tablespoon size balls of dough to place on pan. Place this in oven and bake for 15 minutes or so. 



My ratings on a scale of 10, 10 being best of course:

Easiness: 8, only because you have to grind up oats (extra dishes)
Taste: 6, honestly not my favorite because they were crunchier than normal cookies fresh out of the oven but they did have a good unique flavor
Time: 8, not too time consuming, worth the time spent
Nutritional Status: 5.3, my search on Pinterest consisted of "healthier cookies". This cookie is indeed a lighter calorie option (less than 100 cal per cookie) but the ingredients aren't the healthiest. It is made with oats and whole wheat flour though so it is an improvement from your average cookie! Also, feels much lighter when eating it.

I would suggest melting the butter more before hand. That may have contributed to the "dry look" of the dough. 

Hope this helps if anyone is considering this Pinterest recipe!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |