Breakfast for dinner

Thursday, February 27, 2014




One day as Darin and I were picking some Greek yogurt up at the Maceys grocery store there was a young man passing out samples of these mini pancakes.  No syrup, no fruit, just the pancake lightly buttered and it was so tasty!



I am not a big pancake fan. It's not something that I choose to eat on a regular basis. However that young man did a pretty good job of convincing me I needed to buy this pancake mix after telling me that his grandfather started the business in Provo, Utah in a neighborhood just east of the BYU campus.


Fast forward to weeks later and I had a random thought about that pancake mix.  I googled the company and found that they sell their product at the nearby Harmon's.  I picked it up, bought it, and made it and it was all worth it.






Last night we had breakfast for dinner &&& these pancakes are filled with 16 different grains so I figured it was a nutritious alternative to normal pancakes for dinner.



I served it with a homemade blueberry syrup that I made yesterday morning.

Stef's Homemade Blueberry Syrup:


  • 1 cup of fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • Few drops of lemon juice (to taste)
Pour the blueberries, sugar, and water into a pot and let the sugar and water mix for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Take a potato masher and mash at the blueberries until you get to the consistency that you desire and let the syrup form on the stove for another 10 minutes.












Add lemon juice afterwards until you reach a desired tartness to match your taste buds satisfaction. 

Serve warm over pancakes, waffles, etc.





Check out how cute this miniature pancake is. Yup, you better believe I used every last drop of that pancake batter, that's how good it is. Love y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |