Pork Loin Roast

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thanks for reading everyone. If you like whatchhaaa see, follow me by clicking HERE.


After yesterdays post, I am inspired to try freezing more recipes. I almost always make enough food to have leftovers for two or three days after that way I am not in the kitchen every day but I have never had the patience to freeze because I LOVE the idea of not cooking the very next day.

Once it was done I actually had enough to freeze and refrigerate for the next day, after feeding 6 people! This recipe makes a lot!

I wish I could say that this recipe is my own, but that would be false. My mom made this growing up for Sunday dinners and it is sooooo danngggg good.

When I got married she shared the recipe with me and believe it or not it is from the Crock Pot Recipe Book that came with her slow cooker.

Ingredients:

  • 1 4-5 lb boneless pork loin roast- $9.48
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 clove garlic (slivered)- $FREE (I always have garlic)
  • 2 med onions (sliced)- $1.50
  • 2 bay leaves- $1.48
  • 1 whole clove- (I already had these)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I already had this too)



What I do differently:

  • I use liquid aminos rather than soy sauce
  • I use 3 whole cloves rather than just 1 for a richer flavor
Steps:
  • Slice onions and garlic 
    • layer the bottom of your crock pot with half of the onions and lay the sliced garlic on the pork
  • Rub the pork with the salt and pepper
  • Stick your pork with the clove(s)
  • Add remaining onions and lay bay leaves 
  • Add water and soy sauce 
  • Cook on low for 10 hours
  • Cut up the veggies for your sides
We fed 6 people and have probably about 5 or 6 servings of meat left. So for the roast it ended up being about $1.04 per serving. 

On the side:

  • Roasted rosemary red potatoes- $2.73
  • Balsamic asparagus- $7.03 (I splurged on this, but it was worth it, we love asparagus)
  • Gravy- $0.64

I cut up the veggies after prepping the meat that way when I came home from work all I had to do was cook them.

The grand total was $3.81 per serving for the entire meal. We served 6 people and a few of them had seconds.

I froze half of the leftover pork and I will have to blog about how it turned out when we have it next week. Like I said, this is one of my first experiences freezing, guess we will see how it turns out.

The original recipe can be seen HERE.

Love y'all!!!





2 comments :

  1. Stef, this pork loin roast looks like my kinda dish! :) Just wanted to stop by & let you know that I'll be featuring you tomorrow. Thanks for sharing with us at Tasty Tuesdays, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's awesome! Glad you enjoyed the post :) and thanks for featuring me! Totally made my day!

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |